June 04, 2012

My Bucket List

The movie made me cry which is to be expected because the thought of someone dying makes my eyes well up. Basically the guy makes a list of things he wants to do before he dies, after finding out he has a terminal illness.
So I have challenged myself to make a bucket list. I am not sure if it will work or not because I am the kind of person that once I make a list, I get tempted to finish it. I don't really like half doing things. Here goes.

1. Bungee Jump off Royal Gorge Suspension Bridge, USA – 1053 ft (321 m)

Probably not the smartest Idea for me because I am terrified of heights, but I think it's something that I have to do before I die. 

2. Ball Room Dance In A Fancy Dress


Dancing these days usually consists of jumping up and down on the spot with one/ both hands raised in the air. Whilst I love this idea of dancing (because I am highly uncoordinated) I have always wondered what it would be like to sway around the room in a fluffed up fabric.

3. Sleep On a traditional Egyptian Felucca over night.



I love camping but there is something so cool about these boats. Last time I was in Egypt we did a cruise down the Nile, and whilst I loved living it up on a luxurious boat, part of me wonders what it would be like to watch fall asleep under the stars on a boat floating down the Nile.

4. Give Another Person Life



Eg. Mother hood. I've always wanted kids, and I am sure that before I die I will have kids. Even if I can't have a biological child, I would love to adopt. It's a little bit early for me to be thinking about this now though.

5. Go On the Cyclone Roller Coaster Ride at Dreamworld, QLD



When I was younger My dad, Brother and I drove to Queensland from Sydney, we got to dreamworld, lined up for about an hour and before I could get on the ride I chickened out and proceeded to watch my 8 year old brother (2 years younger than me) take my place. Ever since I have held my tounge and just gone on the ride. But this is the one ride that I chickened out of, and before I die I would love the chance to redeem myself.

6. Get A Tattoo 




I know my mum said that she will be "Deeply disappointed" in me if I get a tattoo, but I am determined to get one before I die. I don't want to get an all round one like this old fart, but something small that is unique, on my wrist, neck or back. I know it comes across kind of skanky or unkept but to me it just seems cool.

7. Run A marathon for Charity 


I'm not a champ runner, but I think with a little bit of training I could get it done. I've done a couple of charity runs already since last year, but I would love to have the achievement of running one before I die.

8. Hug 10 Random People on the Street




I know it's already been done but I'm the kind of person that when I am introduced to someone, I will hug them, unless it's professional of course. I need to put a limit to it, just for myself because I know that once I start, I wont stop.



No comments: